Tai Chi Köln – Hunyuan Chen Style
Authentic Qi Gong and Tai Chi in Köln
Hunyuan Chen-style Tai Chi Chuan is an outstanding inner martial art, which combines the authentic art of Chen-style Tai Chi with Life Energy Cultivation (Qi-Gong) and important elements from Xinyiquan.
This Tai Chi style emphasizes effortlessness and softness of technique, which is carried out spirally and promotes the flow of Qi (Life Energy). Alongside soft forms there are also more dynamic forms, such as the typical Chen-style cannon-fist. Hunyuan Qi Gong is a fundamental component of every training.
Besides its pleasant effect on health the Hunyan Chen-style is also an effective inner martial art with a logically structured fighting system. The traditional Tai Chi-forms consist of multiple concealed self-defense techniques, which only through guidance from an experienced master will become apparent.
Training on a regular basis has multiple positive effects:
- Inner balance
- Working off stress
- Physical and mental flexibility and softness
- Improvement of motor skills
- Better power of concentrationt
- Extensive regeneration of mind and body
- Increase in creativity
- Steady healthiness
- Prevention and easing of chronic sicknesses
System of practice
Tai Chi Training in Köln Nippes
The entire Tai Chi-system is aiming at the cultivation of Qi, the inner Lifeforce, in order to achieve the ideal progress of the practitioner.
Many people practice Tai Chai in order to strengthen their health and to find peace of mind. For those purposes training forms and Qi gong is ideal. Qi gong nourishes the energy-centers (Dantian), during the forms this energy is directed through the whole body.
The complete Hunyuan Tai Chi system, how we teach it in Köln, is organized in several pillars:
- Qi Gong – Simpel, soft exercises to relax the body and gather the Qi.
- Chansi Gong – „Silk reeling“. Silk reeling is a special typ of Qi gong. The Qi is directed in spirals or circles through the body.
- Hunyuan Bang – Hunyuan Bang is a short wooden staff, with which special energy-exercises are performed. The Bang activates important acupuncture-spots, especially Laogong on the palms.
- Tai Chi-Forms – Relaxed sequences of fighting movements, which are executed gently and fluently at a calm pace, to promote harmony of mind and body.
- Tai Chi-Weapons – Tai Chi-Forms with different weapons such as sword, saber or spear, in which the flow of Qi is integrated
- Tui Shou – Exercises with a partner, employment of the Tai Chi-forms in combat and self-defense.